Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why this blog?


Just a few thoughts on why we have a blog in addition to a Facebook page and a website....

In this day and age, the more electronic communication we can provide, the more our name will be out there. Search engines can pick up 'Trinity Rutland' as people near and far, current and former members who have moved away (as is the case in at least one person) look us up (or some other Trinity).

Moreover, we can post sermons and photographs gratis. Our website has a finite size and if we start loading it up with photographs, we'll eat the space up quickly. (At this point, we won't be able to do podcasts to blogger but maybe they will add that in.)

It might seem too fragmented to have three distinct places but once we get accustomed to visiting them (having bookmarked them!), it can become as much a habit as praying the Daily Office (!).

So, for those of you who already know of this blog's existence, spread the URL. We'll publish it. And little by little, the blog will get out there.

2 comments:

  1. Tom, The pictures of Trinity give me a great perspective as to time and development along West Stree. The distance from the front of Trinity would now have to include a parking lot.
    A good modern picture would include one or two of this past Sunday's chicken bar-b-que. The set up with a tent and tables looked very inviting. I hope Trinity's profile as an open and welcoming Church was raised a few notches.
    MarcB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how this works, but I am a member far away and lonely, so anything I hear about Trinity is wonderful. I hear Jay Slenker has become a prinicipal--I wish you could hire me, Jay. I am an abused teacher right now, but a teacher at least. I hear Easter and the lead-up were breathtaking. I wish I could have been there with you. Cynthia Caruso, Zuni NM

    ReplyDelete